Last updated: 25 September 2023
Created 23 May 2018General information
The Energy Web Foundation (EWF), a Swiss nonprofit foundation, located at the Baarerstrasse 10, 6300 Zug, Switzerland (the “Foundation”, “we”, “us”) is the operator of any Website published by the Foundation, including, but not limited to energyweb.org.
We obtain and collect your personal information when you use our website, when you contact us via email or social media, or when you simply navigate on our websites.
We collect your personal information in order to provide and improve security, products and services related to energy blockchain solutions, and to communicate with you about EWF and energy blockchain developments. Here are the types of information we gather:
• Information You Give Us: In the course of submitting newsletter subscribe and other web forms, creating an account in features such as EW Connect and/or the EWF Affiliate Slack channel, direct correspondence with EWF team members, subscribe to our various platforms and/or other activities, you may provide to us and we may collect from you personal information potentially including: name, title, organization, email address, phone number, mailing address, social media handles, profile picture, etc.
• Automatic Information: In the process of browsing the energyweb.org website, opening and clicking links in emails from us, and other activities, we automatically receive and store information that helps us improve our security, content, products, and services, such as whether you’ve opened an email, which links you may have clicked in that email, and which pages of our website are most popular.
• Information From Other Sources: We might receive information about you from other sources, similar in nature to the basic types of personal information outlined above in the Information You Give Us section
• Furthermore, the IP addresses may be evaluated, together with other data in case of attacks on the network infrastructure or other unauthorized use or misuse of the Websites, for the purpose of intelligence and protection, and if appropriate, used in criminal proceedings for identification and civil and criminal proceedings against the relevant users. This is our legitimate interest in the processing of data in the sense of Art. 6 Par 1 lit. f GDPR.WHO HAS ACCESS TO YOUR INFORMATION
We will never sell, lease, or otherwise share your personal information with unaffiliated, third-party individuals and organizations unless you have expressly consented to it of if we are legally obliged to. Your personal information will only be used: a) across the EWF team to deliver services and communications, and b) with vendors (e.g., Google Analytics, MailChimp, Solved, Slack) only as necessary to deliver and improve EWF services and communications and to perform the functions described above.
With the exception of the providers of our Websites, we do not make your personal data available to third parties unless you have expressly consented to it, if we are legally obliged to, or if this is necessary to enforce our rights concerning a contractual relationship.TRANSFER OF PERSONAL DATA
• Websites service providers; and/or
• KYC Service providers to assist us in the processing of your online financial transaction with us (such as subscription of service, usage of a platform)
They are obliged to protect data privacy to the same extent as us. If the level of data protection in a given country does not correspond to the Swiss and European data protection level, we ensure in our contracts to them that the protection of your personal data corresponds to that in Switzerland and the EU at all times using the standard contractual clauses and complying with the GDPR.HOW WE USE YOUR INFORMATION
Your information will be used to improve EWF security, products, services, and communications, and to offer a more tailored and engaging experience with EWF, potentially including, but not limited to:
• Delivery of our newsletter and other email announcements to which you directly subscribed
• Delivery of other marketing and communications
• Social media engagement
• Delivery of targeted EWF content from other platforms (e.g., embedded EWF YouTube videos)
• Invitations to participate in potential projects of interest
• Creating and maintaining an account in EW ConnectOPTIONS FOR MANAGING YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
You can manage your email subscription preferences, unsubscribe, resubscribe, etc. at any time by following the links contained in any email communication from us. You can also contact us in writing at the email and/or mailing address above to update your preferences or to be removed from our system.DATA SECURITY
We use appropriate technical and organizational security measures to protect your stored personal data against manipulation, partial or complete loss, and unauthorized access by third parties. Our security measures are continuously improved and in line with the newest technical developments.
Please note that any data transmitted via internet is generally not secure and we accept no liability for data transmitted to us via the internet. Absolute protection is not technically possible.
If you use a website of third parties with the corresponding links given on our website, this information does not apply, and the Foundation assumes no responsibility and liability for these.RIGHT TO CONFIRMATION AND ACCESS
You have the right to obtain confirmation from the Foundation whether or not personal data concerning you is being processed.
You have the right to obtain free information from the Foundation about your personal data stored and you can request at any time access to this information, including the purpose of the processing, the data concerned, the period for which the personal data will be stored.
If you wish to avail yourself of this rights, you may contact the address [email protected]
anytime.RIGHT TO RECTIFICATION
You have the right to obtain from the Foundation, without undue delay, the rectification of inaccurate personal data concerning you.RIGHT TO CANCELLATION
You have the right to request the Foundation the complete erasure of your personal data under following circumstances:
• The personal data is no longer necessary in relation to the purposes for which they were collected or processed.
• The data has been unlawfully processed.
• The personal data must be erased for compliance with a legal obligation in accordance with the applicable law to which the Foundation is subject.
If you wish to request the erasure of personal data stored by the Foundation, you may at any time contact following address [email protected]IF YOU HAVE ANY QUESTIONS
or contact us in writing via post at Energy Web Foundation | Baarerstrasse 10 | 6300 Zug, Switzerland.
Our representative in the EU according to article 27 GDPR is:
Energy Web DevHub GmbH
Email: [email protected]
Our representative in USA is:
Energy Web North America Llc
201 Main St. Ste. 202D
Carbondale, CO 81623
Email: [email protected]